How to pass the online interviews successfully
In the world where technology designed our lives, most companies become heading towards hiring remotely to shortcut the distance, saving the cost and the time as well. Where the idea of working each day from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. is a thing of the past. So most interviews become conducted via the internet by using Skype or any other tools. In this article, we will discuss how to pass the online interviews by giving some tips that help you in your career.
Advice how to pass the online interviews successfully:
- The mission of making a research about the company you will make an interview with isn’t limited to the actual interviews but to all kind of them. So the first thing you have to do is to make a detailed examination of the company from company news, their employees, their customers and others.
- Determine the best hardware to use if you have multiple devices (such as a smartphone, computer or tablet). Choose the one you feel comfortable with and the one with the most reliable technology.
- Make sure of the date and time of the interview, what is the most thing you have to focus on and who is the interviewer in order to be ready for everything.
- Test all the technology, test your connection, test your camera, test your sound. Make sure you understand how it all works and you have tested all of them right before the interview.
- To be more confident with yourself, make a fake interview with your friend. This will make you more confident when you make the real one.
- If you could to know the name of the interviewer, you should make some research about him/her and it prefers to research via LinkedIn and send for him/her a message before the interviewing to tell him/her that you looking forward to speaking to him/her.
- Select the proper location for the interview. Where the ideal location for the interviews is the secluded room that can shut out the distraction and noises with well light and white background.
- Look directly at the camera. You might be tempted to look at the monitor or yourself. You have to focus on making eye contact with the interviewer via the camera.
- Finally, prepare yourself by wearing comfortable outfit and professional at the same time. Because it gives the interviewer an impression that you are professional.
With these steps you will be sure that you make a successful online interview!